[Scip] scip: automated tests

Robert Schwarz mail at rschwarz.net
Wed Feb 3 15:45:54 MET 2010

Hi all,

I'm running some automated tests with a small timelimit. Normally, that
results in some instances not being solved to optimality, producing a
line like this:

ibm32 BP 30 2790 30 2790 475.438791   485 2.0 183137 37 1200.0 timeout

Here we can see the dual bound 475.4 from the lp relaxation and the
primal bound 485 from a heuristic that is run once in the beginning.
The last column states correctly, that the time limit stopped the
solving process.

Sometimes, however, I get lines like this:

gd95c --  0    0  0    0     -1e+20 1e+20  --      0  0 1200.0 abort

Where it says `abort' instead of `timeout' and no bounds are given at
all. But when I run this instance by hand, I can see that the primal
bound is computed after a couple and some value is displayed as dual
bound from the LP (which is really small before separation).

Why is this, and what can I do about it?

I guess, the bounds are already computed in the second case, but yet
reported back globally, because the current subproblem (root node) is
still active or something. But isn't really accurate, since we have some
weak bounds already after a short amount of time.

Cheers,

--
Robert Schwarz <mail at rschwarz.net>

Get my public key at http://rschwarz.net/key.asc