[Scip] Fwd: stop condition of pricing routine

Gerald Gamrath gamrath at zib.de
Wed Jul 28 12:23:57 MEST 2010

Hi Mattia,

I also understood your question the other way around, so probably at
least the first part of my last answer won't help you much.
The only criterion SCIP uses to determine whether the pricing process is
finished or the pricers should be called again is whether new variables
were added in the last pricing round. Perhaps this could be changed, so
that the pricing is continued after you changed your trust region, but
could you first explain how you do this if you must not enlarge the
feasible region at a node compared to its father node?

If you do it like I wrote, copy the LP within your pricer and impose the
trust region just in this copy, I think the problem with SCIP stopping
the pricing process too early should not occur, since you can move the
trust region and look for new variable until you find some or you proved
that none exists.

Best regards,
Gerald