[Scip] pool active columns size

Gerald Gamrath gamrath at zib.de
Wed Jun 9 18:44:03 MEST 2010

Hi Mattia,

sorry for the late reply.
You cannot directly limit the number of columns in the LP, but you can
change some parameters so that SCIP deletes columns from the LP faster.
The parameter "lp/colagelimit" defines the age, i.e. the number of
consecutive LP solving calls for which the column had value 0.0, after
which the column is removed from the LP. You can decrease it (per
default it is set to 10) in order to remove variables from the LP faster.
Alternatively or in addition to that, you can set the parameters
"lp/cleanupcols" and "lp/cleanupcolsroot" to TRUE, so that all non-basic
columns created at this node which have value 0.0 are deleted from the LP.
For both variants, you need to set the "removable" parameter to TRUE for
the variables created in the pricing process.

I hope this helps for solving your problem.

Best regards,
Gerald