[Scip] pool active columns size

Mattia Barbieri barbieri.mattia at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 19:38:01 MEST 2010

Hi all,
 I am developing a branch&price application. I noticed that too many columns
are added by my pricer (correctly, due to my model). I know (from a previous
question), that SCIP keep a pool of active columns participating the LP (at
each node). I suppose that if no negative reduced cost columns are found,
before calling the pricer, SCIP looks out of the pool of active columns, to
find a columns with a negative reduced cost (now). I think for my purposes
will help to control the pool size (for example, to keep the number of
current variables in LP under one-two thousands. Values greater than these
significantly slow the computation, with my istances). So the question is:
is there such a way to control the pool of active column size? (perhaps a
parameter in scip.set?)

   Thanks in advance.
   Best regards,

Mattia Barbieri