[Scip] nlpi and two pub_expression.h files

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Tue Oct 12 15:14:37 MEST 2010

Hi,

> I upgraded to Scip 2.0.0 and it caused a few problems for me. The
> biggest is: why are there two pub_expression.h, one in the regular scip
> src directory and one in the nlpi directory?

But they are distinguished by the directory where they are located.
scip/src should be the base directory and all files be referenced w.r.t.
this directory, cf. the SCIP Makefile.

> I use Visual Studio 2010 on Windows 7 and have all Scip files sitting in
> different projects. The pub_expression.h files then cause linkage errors.
> I don't want to use the nlpi at all. Isn't there a way to get rid of it?

No, I would suggest to get rid of Windows 7 instead. :-)

> What else can I do to resolve this conflict?

Did you try using cygwin or mingw? Then you could use the well tested
SCIP build system. There are also make files for using the M$ compiler
via mingw.

Stefan