[Scip] Problem with scip and Ipopt on a Mac

Solid Tscheik Tscheik at gmx.de
Tue Oct 19 13:51:49 MEST 2010

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to build scip together with ipopt and I've run in some strange problems:
I first tried it on my private mac (MacbookPro 2.2 GHz, 4GB, MacOSX10.6.4) and it
went smoothly... When I tried the same procedure with my work mac (Macbook Pro 2.4GHz,
8GB, MacOSX 10.6.4) I can build Ipopt and the zibsuite (without Ipopt enabled) without
errors. But when I try to build scip with ipopt I get an error:

[...]
-> linking bin/scip-2.0.0.darwin.x86.gnu.opt.spx
ld: library not found for -lcoinhsl
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [bin/scip-2.0.0.darwin.x86.gnu.opt.spx] Error 1

As mentioned before, on the other machine I can build without errors and all tests
run as they should.
Maybe some of you have an idea what the problem could be...

Best regards,

Jakob