[Scip] A bug and a question

Matthias Peinhardt matthias.peinhardt at ovgu.de
Sat Apr 2 00:29:43 MEST 2011

Hello SCIP team,

I have two issues with SCIP 2.0.1, aminor and a big one.
The minor one is that SCIP leaks memory with the Xoplex and the Cplex backend.
Try, e.g., in the Coloring example
valgrind --tool=memcheck --leak-check=full --leak-resolution=high --show-reachable=yes --quiet --log-file=valgrind.out.
%p ./bin/coloring -f data/myciel3.col

The second problem concerns the indicator constraint. I try to use those as
model constraints. I set them up with SCIPcreateConsIndicator (), setting
initial, separate, enforce, and check to TRUE. As expected,  linear
constraints are generated for the indicator constraints, but those are all
deleted again in presolve. In consInitsolIndicator() no constraints are found
(nconss==0), and SCIP returns with an infeasible solution, without ever
calling consCheckIndicator(). I don't see what is going on here, maybe you
could point me to a simple example how to use those constraints.

Best,
Matthias Peinhardt

--
Matthias Peinhardt