[Scip] Assertion failed: branchcand->pseudocands[var->pseudocandindex] == var, file src\scip\branch.c, line 928

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Mon Apr 4 13:10:27 MEST 2011

Hi,

>    Hello,
>
> I'm currently implementing a follow-on branching rule and I get the
> following error:
> Assertion failed: branchcand->pseudocands[var->pseudocandindex] == var,
> file src\scip\branch.c, line 928
> What does this error mean? What are these pseudocands?

Die pseudocands are branching candidates for pseudo branching, in
principle the binary or integer variables that are not fixed in the
current node.
If you get this assertion, then I guess some datastructures have been
corrupted.

> The error occurs after i execute the ObjConshdlr::scip_activate.
> I've implemented the ObjBranchrule::scip_execlp. I have not imlemented
> the ObjBranchrule::scip_execps but it looks like it is not entered. I
> think the error is because of something in the constraint handler I
> implemented because when I comment out those calls I don't get any errors.

To give some helpful comments, it would be useful to get more
information about what you are doing and when this problem exactly happens.
Can you provide a backtrace from running in a debugger?
Which SCIP functions does your code call?

Stefan

> Thanks
> Sebastian

Stefan Vigerske
Humboldt University Berlin, Numerical Mathematics
http://www.math.hu-berlin.de/~stefan