[Scip] Reject "feasible" solutions

Markus Leitner leitner at ads.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Feb 2 18:01:58 MET 2011

Hi everyone,

I am currently developing and comparing various stabilization methods to
accelerate a branch-and-price approach.

In one of them I need to add further (fractional) variables with
negative objective values (minimization problem).
In any solution feasible in the original model all these variables will
have zero values and I can ensure that this is true for the LP solution
at the end of each node in the branch-and-bound tree.

It, however, occurs that primal solutions are found by some of the build
in heuristics for which some of these variables have nonzero values.
In this case, the corresponding objective value may be smaller than the
real optimal solution.

Is there any way to reject a found solution, e.g. by some event handler?
Otherwise, I guess I need to disable all heuristics which might slow
down the whole process.

Regards,
Markus

--
Markus Leitner
Institute of Computer Graphics and Algorithms