[Scip] [Fwd: Re: Reject "feasible" solutions]

berthold@zib.de berthold at zib.de
Wed Feb 2 19:04:45 MET 2011

Hi Markus.

> Is there any way to reject a found solution, e.g. by some event handler?

Well, you could use a small constraint handler, that only implements the
checking and enforcement callbacks and rejects those solutions which you
dislike.

However, your description sounds like something else is dodgy. How do you
add /remove these variables? Are they added to any (and what type of)
constraints? Do you change the objective coefficient of any variables? How
do you ensure that these variables will be zero at the end of the LP
solve? Which heuristic(s) find(s) the unloved solutions? My wild guess is
that it might be simple rounding.

Cheers,
Gerald and Timo