[Scip] Call to adjustedUb in SCIPvarChgUbOriginal causing solve failures

Gerald Gamrath gamrath at zib.de
Tue May 3 14:27:15 MEST 2011

Hi Fergal,

SCIP has its own infinity value, which is per default 1e+20. Every
number larger than that is treated as infinity and just set to 1e+20. If
you really need larger numbers, you have to change the SCIP parameter
"numerics/infinity" to something larger, but actually, 1e+98 is the
highest possible number. As far as I know, the infinity value in SCIP
was always 1e+20, so it should not have worked in older versions,
either. Perhaps you mixed it up with Soplex, where the infinity value is
1e+100?

Besides, the method SCIPvarChgUbOriginal() is for internal use only. You
should only use methods stated in scip.h and pub_*.h. The correct method
would be SCIPchgVarUb(), given in scip.h, which - depending on the stage
of SCIP - also changes the original bound (when you are in the problem
creation stage). In all other stages, you must not change the original
bound, anyway.