[Scip] Generation of blk and dec files

Gerald Gamrath gamrath at zib.de
Tue Dec 4 23:38:53 MET 2012

Hi Victor,

I'm happy to hear that you want to try GCG.

You are right, the release version of GCG does not read ZIMPL files, we
did only include the lp, mps, cip, and sol-reader for the beginning.
However, it is no problem to enable the ZIMPL reader also in GCG, you
just have to add the following two lines to src/gcgplugins.c:

#include "scip/reader_zpl.h"
and
SCIP_CALL( SCIPincludeReaderZpl(scip) );

But that is a good point, we will change it in the next release and
enable all file readers.

Concerning the generation of dec and blk files: As Marco said, you can
just let GCG detect the structure and write it as a dec-file. In the
next ZIMPL release, we will also provide the possibility to write the
structure file directly with ZIMPL.
Until then, if you want to generate the structure file yourself, you can
choose the format that fits your needs better. As Marco mentioned, dec
files define the structure constraint-wise, while blk files define which
variables belong to which block. Often, you can easily determine by the
variable or constraint name to which block they belong and then create
the structure file by a small script.