[Scip] Solving opb instances + initial solutions

Marc Pfetsch m.pfetsch at tu-bs.de
Fri Jan 20 17:58:28 MET 2012

Dear Luigi,

as far as I know, you cannot enter solutions in the OPB format.

The best way to tell SCIP about the solutions would be to create a file
(something like <filename>.sol) for each instance that contains values
for the variables. The format is easy - for your examle below:

objective value:   1
x2                 1   (obj:1)
x4                 1   (obj:0)

Zero variables are left out. I suppose that it is easy to modify your
heuristic in order to output such a file. In the SCIP command line, you
can then read the solution from the file.

By the way: The instances such as the one below could lead to troubles
in SCIP, since big coefficients like "12345678901234567890" are likely
to cause numerical problems (the instance below does not cause problems,
though). In particular, SCIP can in general not solve the BIGINT
instances from the Pseudo-Boolean competitions.

Best

Marc