[Scip] Solving opb instances + initial solutions

Stefan Heinz heinz at zib.de
Fri Jan 20 17:59:35 MET 2012

Hi Luigi,

If you have solution candidate at hand, you can pass it to SCIP. This
can be done via the interactive shell

SCIP> read <solutionfile>.sol

Therefore the solution has to be in a special form. That is

x_1 value
x_2 value
x_3 value
x_4 value
x_n value

If you just want to provide an upper bound you can set an objective limit.

SCIP> set limit objective 100

This can be done after you have load the problem into SCIP.

If you are using SCIP via the callable library. Both versions are also
possible. For that see:

http://scip.zib.de/doc/html/FAQ.html#Q3.2
http://scip.zib.de/doc/html/scip_8h.html#a4312fff0495bec0484a8fd9cd60cae8b
http://scip.zib.de/doc/html/scip_8h.html#a3fd90b931b38d2d8f344114babc2a67e

I would always prefer the first version (providing the solution) since
improving heuristics could find a better solution.

Best Stefan