[Scip] SCIPaddCut vs. SCIPaddPoolCut

Daniel Karch karch at math.tu-berlin.de
Thu Jun 7 16:54:37 MEST 2012

Hi,

suppose that I have a fractional solution that I want to cut off in a
constraint handler in the SEPALP-callback,
and that I find lots of cuts that could do this. Is it okay to add all of
them via SCIPaddPoolCut and return
SCIP_SEPARATED as a result, or do I have to add one via SCIPaddCut?
I ask because in the documentation it sais

»Usually, a separation callback searches and produces cuts, that are added
with a call to SCIPaddCut().
If the cut should be remembered in the global cut pool, it may also call
SCIPaddPoolCut().«

Does adding a cut to the pool also guarantee that the violating solution is
cut off?

Best regards,

  Daniel