[Scip] Branched variables

Stefan Heinz heinz at zib.de
Thu Nov 22 09:02:01 MET 2012

Hi Ina,

yes that is possible. To do that (assuming you are using the interactive
shell in case of the callable library its is also possible) you just
have to specify the file in which the tree should be saved.

SCIP> set vbc filename tree.vbc

After that you read and solve your problem. This will save the search
tree into the specified file. Using the vbctool you can visualize this tree.

http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/ls_juenger/research/vbctool

Each search node knows its branching decision and dual bound. Just click
on the a node. The color of the node gives you also some information.
Therefore see

http://scip.zib.de/doc/html_devel/type__vbc_8h.shtml#ade28dec7694b51161d2acc407b689ce8
http://scip.zib.de/doc/html_devel/type__vbc_8h_source.shtml#l00052

That is very neat feature which I use all the time.

Best Stefan