[Scip] "Hidden" cut generators

Giacomo Nannicini giacomo.n at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 16:45:04 MET 2012

Hi all,
I noticed a strange behavior in SCIP that makes me think there are
some "hidden" cut generators.

I manually disabled *all* separators from scipdefplugin.c (I commented
out all lines with SCIPincludeSepa). No cut generators are listed in
SCIP when I use "set separating" or in the final "display statistics".
However, some cuts *are* generated. In some logs, I get a nonzero
number of cuts indicated, even though "display statistics" says that
there are no separators. Cut pool size stays at zero. Also, the
solution path is different from what I get if I set "set separating
maxroundsroot 0". With the latter setting, no cuts appear.

Can somebody enlighten me?

Thanks a lot!

Giacomo