[Scip] Display

Jose L Walteros jl.walteros at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 06:42:42 MEST 2012

Hi all,

I have a question about the display of information provided by SCIP at the
end of a run. To put you in context, I would like to run some experiments
in order to compare the performance of three different IP models that I
coded in SCIP. The first is a plain IP (no columns or user defined cuts
added), the second model is solved by B&C using a some family of valid
inequalities I defined, and finally, the last one Is solved via B&P&C.

The models are working great at this point and I am completely satisfied
with the results. My question is for now not about functionality but about
the statistic information that I can get from SCIP.

   1. First of all, I would like to know if it is possible to disable the
   display of the optimal primal solution at the end of each run (while
   keeping the statistics). My problem has many ten-thousands variables and
   since I am just running a timed based comparison between the models, I am
   only interested in the objective rather than in the individual value of
   each variable. At the beginning it was not an issue, however, now that I am
   gathering the results it is a bit annoying to have to go through thousands
   of useless lines.
   2. I am interested in extracting some of the information that is
   provided in the statistics that are displayed at the end of the run. I am
   particularly interested in: The execution time, the final gap, the number
   of nodes, the dual bound at the root, the total time used by the pricer,
   the number of times the pricer is called, the total time used by the
   constraint handlers that I defined, the total number of columns generated,
   among others. I would like to know if there is a way (hopefully one that do
   not involve many lines of code) to extract those values from within the
   execution and thus avoid parsing the output file.
   3. Finally,l am not sure about the differences between the verbosity
   levels. I do not see the difference between some of those (0,1, and 2 look
   exactly equal).

Thank you very much.

-Jose