[Scip] unidentified symbol when using CLP

Daniele Bernardini daniele.bernardini at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 02:02:18 CET 2013

Hello everyone,

I've troubles getting SCIP to work with CLP as LP solver.

I've installed SCIP and all required libraries on a linux machine (Ubuntu 12.04 64bit). Make was successful (I used make LPS=clp ZIMPL=false). Make test *seemed* to be successful, meaning that it passes 22 tests of 46, not sure why though. However, when I try to run SCIP to solve a problem, it goes smoothly for some iterations of the algorithm, and then I'm prompted this error:

./scip-3.0.2.linux.x86_64.gnu.opt.clp: symbol lookup error: ./scip-3.0.2.linux.x86_64.gnu.opt.clp: undefined symbol: _ZNK10ClpSimplex16infeasibilityRayEb

It seems a problem related to a missing CLP library, but the package is installed and linked correctly during SCIP make.

Note that the exact same problem, on a windows machine and with the default LP solver (Soplex) runs fine.

Any help? Thanks a lot!

Daniele