[Scip] unidentified symbol when using CLP

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Sat Dec 14 14:25:35 CET 2013

Hi,

On 12/14/2013 02:02 AM, Daniele Bernardini wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I've troubles getting SCIP to work with CLP as LP solver.
>
> I've installed SCIP and all required libraries on a linux machine (Ubuntu 12.04 64bit). Make was successful (I used make LPS=clp ZIMPL=false). Make test *seemed* to be successful, meaning that it passes 22 tests of 46, not sure why though.

Probably the same issue as below.

> However, when I try to run SCIP to solve a problem, it goes smoothly for some iterations of the algorithm, and then I'm prompted this error:
>
> ./scip-3.0.2.linux.x86_64.gnu.opt.clp: symbol lookup error: ./scip-3.0.2.linux.x86_64.gnu.opt.clp: undefined symbol: _ZNK10ClpSimplex16infeasibilityRayEb
>
> It seems a problem related to a missing CLP library, but the package is installed and linked correctly during SCIP make.

1. You should check that the SCIP binary is also using the same Clp
library that you linked against:
   ldd ./bin/scip-3.0.2.linux.x86_64.gnu.opt.clp

2. Try calling make for SCIP with the option
   USRLDFLAGS=-Wl,--no-as-needed
That helped on some other issues with shared libraries under Ubuntu.

3. Build Clp as static library by calling its configure with
--enable-static --disable-shared. Remove the .so libs before relinking SCIP.

Stefan