[Scip] Eliminating model constraints following branching

Ambros Gleixner gleixner at zib.de
Fri Feb 15 16:19:03 MET 2013

Hi Steve,

 > During the solution process, some of these constraints are
 > added to the problem.

precisely speaking you probably mean "the LP relaxation of some of these
constraints are added to the problem", right?

You can use the SCIP method SCIPdelConsLocal() to disable the
constraint's separation, enforcing, and propagation capabilities at the
current node and all subnodes.

I think you cannot directly force the corresponding rows to be removed
from the LP.  If I understand you correctly, this is what you would want
to do, right?  Can you tell us more about your motivation for this?  Are
they redundant after the branching decision you make?

If you declare the constraints as "removable" when creating them, their
LP relaxation will be subject to ageing, i.e., they are removed if they
are not tight for some time.  By playing with the advanced parameter
lp/rowagelimit you can control how aggressively this is applied.  Maybe
this can achieve the desired effect?

Are the constraints from a specific constraint handler?

Hope that helps, let us know!

Ambros