[Scip] solution times

Todd Niven toddniven at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 06:02:48 MET 2013

I am solving a mixed integer problem with a single quadratic constraint
(this constraint is in fact the objective which is a sum of bilinear terms)
using SCIP2.1 and the output for solution times is puzzling me.

I have an instance where if I ask SCIP to find me 1 solution it halts after
45 seconds and outputs a feasible solution. However, if I ask SCIP to run
for 10 seconds, it finishes and outputs a feasible solution. This solution
is not as good as the one obtained after 45 seconds. I was under the
impression that if I asked SCIP to halt after finding 1 solution, it would
halt after finding the first solution, however this does not seem to be the
case. This may have already been discussed and if so, I apologize for the
duplication.

Thanks,

Todd