[Scip] Set a primal solution

michael.winkler@zib.de michael.winkler at zib.de
Wed Jul 10 17:30:04 MEST 2013

Hi Rostislav,

you can write a heuristic plugin setting the timing to
SCIP_HEURTIMING_BEFOREPRESOL. This heuristic will then be called only
before presolving of the whole problem (might be multiple times when a
restart happens).
Take a look at the heur_trivial.c for further details.

When creating a solution via SCIPcreateSol() the solution vector will
contain zero values for all variables implicitly.

You then need to use SCIPsetSolVal()/SCIPsetSolVals() to set solution
values for the variables.

Afterwards please use SCIPtrySol()/SCIPtrySolFree() which will check the
correctness of the solution and if so SCIP will store the solution and
also update the primalbound and cutoffbound. (So, there is no need to add
you extra "bound constraint" anymore, when adding a solution.)

Please take a look at:
http://scip.zib.de/doc/html/HEUR.shtml
http://scip.zib.de/doc/html/scip_8h.shtml#a03da404f4153d8f673e87fb28bc7d552
http://scip.zib.de/doc/html/scip_8h.shtml#adbb9f3c0c0b462481fe5eff677463258