[Scip] Changing time limit during solving make SCIP freeze

Aurélien Questel aurelien.questel at lip6.fr
Fri May 3 11:11:31 MEST 2013

Hi all,
I've developed a BCP using another scip instance (solving a BC) to solve the pricing problem.
In order to accelerate the global solving time I've tried to set a (short) time limit when the first solution
is found during the pricing procedure. In fact, I don't need to solve this problem to optimality
if I have already found a valid column.
However I have a strange behavior, if I do so the skip instance freeze when the time limit is reached.
I use the following instruction :     SCIP_CALL( SCIPsetRealParam(scip, "limits/time", 30) );

Does anyone have an idea ? Do I do something in the wrong way ?

Best regards

Aurélien