[Scip] farkas pricing

Alessia Violin aviolin at ulb.ac.be
Thu May 16 16:54:29 MEST 2013

Hello,

I am solving a MIP with column generation, and I implemented my own
branching. This works for some instances where only the "redcost"
pricing is needed, finding the correct integer solution.

For other instances it may happen that after branching the current
master is not feasible any more so I need to use Farkas pricing to
restore feasibility right? Here I have troubles, since the farkas
pricing gets into an infinite loop keeping finding and adding the same
column. Do you have an idea of why this is happening?

My farkas pricing is the same as the redcost pricing, but with zero
objective function and instead of taking normal dual variables I take
the farkas ones with the function SCIPgetDualfarkasLinear.

My master problem is a maximization one, but I know that scip transforms
everything into a min problem, so I considered this in the redcost
pricing and in the farkas pricing as well, do they work the same at this
regard?

Thanks in advance for any help,

best,

Alessia

--
Alessia Violin
Service Graphes et Optimisation Mathématique (G.O.M.)
Email: aviolin at ulb.ac.be
Webpage: http://homepages.ulb.ac.be/~aviolin/