[Scip] Scip for combinatorial enumeration and probability

Stefan Heinz heinz at zib.de
Mon Sep 30 07:49:25 CEST 2013

Hi David,

In the CP community there is research going on which uses your idea to
find a good branching candidate. An example paper is

http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1786734

As far as I know they usually look at a single constraint for computing
the solution density. The main reason for that is that they need to be
quick.

In case of counting feasible solutions there are a view software
packages available. SCIP and Latte are just two examples. In general it
its hard to predict how good these methods are for particular problems.
In would recommend to try it out.

In case of SCIP the paper

http://opus4.kobv.de/opus4-zib/frontdoor/index/index/docId/1063

describes what SCIP is doing and contains some references to other tools
which are capable of counting feasible solutions.

Best Stefan