[Scip] Recommended language for QP with quadratic and cubic constraints

Ramón Casero Cañas rcasero at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 14:28:10 CET 2014

Replying a bit to myself, if I understand this correctly, I need a
language for a mixed-integer program (as my variables are continuous).

http://scip.zib.de/doc-3.0.2/html/group__FILEREADERS.shtml

Of these, the only two that from their description above seem capable
of cubic constraints are OSiL, PIP and ZPL.

As my problem's objective function and constraints are polynomial
(quadratic and cubic, respectively), the simplest option seems to be
the PIP format.

http://polip.zib.de/pipformat.php

However, will the language format choice affect the performance of the
SCIP solver, or it doesn't matter whether I formulate my problem in
PIP format vs. e.g. OSiL format?

Best regards,

Ramon.