[Scip] Question about changing branching rule

Abde Ali Kagalwalla abdeali.iitb at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 19:09:19 CET 2014

Hi SCIP Developers,

I have a couple of small questions about branching rules:

- If I do not specify a particular branching rule, which branching rule is
used by default ?

- How can I change the branching rule to something other than the default
option ?
  I don't plan on implementing my own branching rule, but I wanted to just
pick one
of the options like full strong or pseudo cost based rules that you have
provided.
In my C++ code, I tried asking the solver to use the all full strong
branching rule by calling this function :SCIPincludeBranchruleAllfullstrong
( SCIP<http://scip.zib.de/doc/html/type__scip_8h.php#a4792a242d315bf76f05b1f4e0712bc33>*
*scip*)
But I seem to get this error when I run the code:

RROR: branching rule <allfullstrong> already included.
[src/scip/branch_allfullstrong.c:479] ERROR: Error <-9> in function call
[src/scip/scipdefplugins.c:90] ERROR: Error <-9> in function call
[maskfracture.cpp:265] ERROR: Error <-9> in function call

So how do I specify a particular branching rule for branch and price ?

Thank you very much.

Abde Ali