[Scip] Question about changing branching rule

Thomas Schlechte schlechte at zib.de
Thu Feb 27 20:37:24 CET 2014

Hi Abde Ali,

I think the SCIP developers are hard working for the

next release :), so please take a look at

http://scip.zib.de/doc/html/PARAMETERS.php

and try so set

branching/allfullstrong/priority

higher than all other priorities of included branching rules.

Have fun
Thomas

higher than all
> Hi SCIP Developers,
>
> I have a couple of small questions about branching rules:
>
> - If I do not specify a particular branching rule, which branching rule is
> used by default ?
>
> - How can I change the branching rule to something other than the default
> option ?
>   I don't plan on implementing my own branching rule, but I wanted to just
> pick one
> of the options like full strong or pseudo cost based rules that you have
> provided.
> In my C++ code, I tried asking the solver to use the all full strong
> branching rule by calling this function
> :SCIPincludeBranchruleAllfullstrong
> (
> SCIP<http://scip.zib.de/doc/html/type__scip_8h.php#a4792a242d315bf76f05b1f4e0712bc33>*
> *scip*)
> But I seem to get this error when I run the code:
>
> RROR: branching rule <allfullstrong> already included.
> [src/scip/branch_allfullstrong.c:479] ERROR: Error <-9> in function call
> [src/scip/scipdefplugins.c:90] ERROR: Error <-9> in function call
> [maskfracture.cpp:265] ERROR: Error <-9> in function call
>
> So how do I specify a particular branching rule for branch and price ?
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> Abde Ali

Dr. Thomas Schlechte
Zuse Institute Berlin
Takustrasse 7, D-14195 Berlin-Dahlem, Germany
phone: +49-30 841 85 317
fax: +49-30 841 85 269
url: http://www.zib.de/schlechte
e-mail: schlechte at zib.de