[Scip] 3.1.1 build problem

Matthias Miltenberger miltenberger at zib.de
Wed Mar 5 21:52:22 CET 2014

Hi Victor,

in the new SoPlex version we are using a quite new feature of c++ dealing with explicit conversions between double and rational types. With the latest gcc you should have no problems compiling.
Sorry about the trouble.

Best
Matthias

On March 5, 2014 9:00:11 PM CET, Victor Miller <victorsmiller at gmail.com> wrote:
>I have gotten things to work by doing make COMP=intel .  I don't know
>why
>gcc was so finicky.
>
>Victor
>

>On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 2:45 PM, Victor Miller
><victorsmiller at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I just tried to build scipoptsuite 3.1.1 using gcc 4.4.7 on a redhat
>> system.    It terminated with the errors:
>>
>> -> compiling obj/O.linux.x86_64.gnu.opt/lib/changesoplex.o
>> In file included from src/basevectors.h:24,
>>                             from src/spxlpbase.h:28,
>>                             from src/spxlp.h.:24,
>>                             from src/spxsolver.h:29,
>>                             from src/changesoplex.cpp:22:
>> src/rational.h:103: error: only declarations of constructors can be
>> 'explicit'
>> src/rational.h:106: error: only declarations of constructors can be
>> 'explicit'
>>

>> Suggestions?
>>
>> Victor

Sent from mobile device - please excuse brevity
Matthias Miltenberger
www.zib.de/miltenberger