[Scip] SCIP 3.1 is slower than 3.0?

Alessia Violin aviolin at ulb.ac.be
Wed Mar 12 15:59:11 CET 2014

Hello,

I just passed to the new version of SCIP and tried to make a couple of
tests, the new version seems to be significantly slower compared to the
3.0.1.

I am using Cplex as the lp solver, and I had to compile with the tags
ZIMP=false READLINE=false ZLIB=false GMP=false (exactly as the previous
version, except for GMP).

I have a Branch-and-Price code, with quite a few more features (pricer,
branching rule, heuristics, cuts). To make my code working I just needed
to change the functions SCIP_DECL_PRICERREDCOST() and SCIPaddCut()
adding the new parameters. All the rest is exactly the same. The number
of nodes and columns generated is much bigger, and the dual bound is
converging very slowly. The time goes from less than a second to some
few hundred seconds.

Do you have any insight of this behaviour? or anything in particular I
should check that is behaving differently in the new version?

Thanks in advance!

best,

Alessia

--
Alessia Violin
Service Graphes et Optimisation Mathématique (G.O.M.)
Email: aviolin at ulb.ac.be
Webpage: http://homepages.ulb.ac.be/~aviolin/