[Scip] SCIP 3.1 is slower than 3.0?

Gerald Gamrath gamrath at zib.de
Wed Mar 12 17:16:49 CET 2014

Hi Alessia,

can you send me logs (including statistics) for the two runs?

One thing you can try is to set "lp/disablecutoff" to 0. Before SCIP
3.1, the cutoff bound was always applied in the LP solver, even if you
do branch-and-price and will use the dual solution to generate new
columns. It is still a correct algorithm if you use the dual values you
get when the objective limit was reached, but you will need to solve the
LP from scratch afterwards. Especially for large master LPs, this can be
quite expensive, so that we automatically disabled it now, but it is a
sort of stabilization and might pay off if your master LP is very easy
to solve and solving it from scratch doesn't hurt too much.