[Scip] Column generation

Marco Lübbecke marco.luebbecke at rwth-aachen.de
Wed Mar 12 23:29:21 CET 2014

phd09mn at mail.wbs.ac.uk>:

> the reduced cost of column is equal to
> the main cost of a column - the dual values

just to be sure. "main cost of a column - the dual values" means: c - pi *
a, where c is a number (the new variable's cost), pi is the vector of dual
variables, and a is the vector of coefficients of the new variable?

when something happens what you describe I am almost certain that your
reduced cost computation has a bug. Also: what is "negative"? Do you
compare against 0.0, or do you use the SCIP methods to compare for
negativity up to certain tolerances?

Marco