[Scip] Compiling scip-3.0.2 with Ipopt-3.11.7 on MAC OSX 10.9.2

Wen-Yang Ku wku at mie.utoronto.ca
Mon Mar 24 22:36:12 CET 2014

Hi,

I have been trying to compile scip-3.0.2 with Ipopt-3.11.7 on MAC. I
have followed the instructions in this link
(https://projects.coin-or.org/svn/BuildTools/ThirdParty/HSL/releases/1.3.3/INSTALL.HSL) and installed the HSL routines. Ipopt compiles but when running scip I got the following error
message:

Exception of type: OPTION_INVALID in file "IpAlgBuilder.cpp" at line 321:
  Exception message: Selected linear solver MA27 not available.
Tried to obtain MA27 from shared library "libhsl.dylib", but the
following error occured:
dlopen(libhsl.dylib, 2): image not found
[src/nlpi/nlpi_ipopt.cpp:1109] ERROR: Ipopt returned with application
return status -12

After compiling Ipopt, the libcoinhsl.dylib is generated instead of
libhsl.dylib. I found other posts online which suggest either renaming
the libcoinhsl.dylib to libhsl.dylib or creating a symbolic link so
that libhsl.dylib->libcoinhsl.dylib. I have tried both but neither
worked for me. I have set the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib and the
folder that contains the libhsl.dylib file. However I am still getting
the same error message. I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks!

Best,
Wen-Yang Ku