[Scip] Compiling scip-3.0.2 with Ipopt-3.11.7 on MAC OSX 10.9.2

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Tue Mar 25 10:55:30 CET 2014

Hi,

it seems that the installation of the HSL sources did not work.
Even though the Ipopt contains the libcoinhsl.dylib library, it probably
contains none of the linear solvers. Ipopt then tries to load one
dynamically at runtime from a library libhsl.dylib.

The instructions you refer to (HSL/releases/1.3.3/INSTALL.HSL) are for
old HSL sources (< 2011, I think). These sources have to be put into the
ThirdParty/HSLold subdirectory of Ipopt. However, using these is deprecated.
If you have downloaded the HSL sources recently, you should follow the
instructions in ThirdParty/HSL/INSTALL.HSL. Essentially, you have to
follow the links at http://www.hsl.rl.ac.uk/ipopt to register and
obtain an archive coinhsl-x.y.z.tar.gz.
Then unpack this archive via
   gunzip coinhsl-x.y.z.tar.gz
   tar xf coinhsl-x.y.z.tar
Finally, rename the directory coinhsl-x.y.z to coinhsl, or set a
symbolic link:
   ln -s coinhsl-x.y.z coinhsl

After building Ipopt, running make test shows you whether your Ipopt
installation is working.

Hope that helps,
Stefan

PS: This discussion fits better to the Ipopt mailing list, but we can
also continue this off-the-list.