[Scip] query the branch info

Gregor Hendel hendel at zib.de
Fri May 2 13:26:37 CEST 2014

Hi Shahin,

I'm quite sure you are looking for SCIPnodeGetAncestorBranchingPath()
<http://scip.zib.de/doc/html/pub__tree_8h.php#a4e4c5ce0cf69d803a727a0564f7f16da>.

Since you are also wondering what might be the right way to search the
documentation for provided interface methods, please see
http://scip.zib.de/doc/html/DOC.php, where the different places to look
for methods are explained.

Basically, when using the SCIP API, you should know which part of SCIP
you want to interact with. If it is, like in your case, something
related to the nodes of the tree, you can look for public methods in
pub_tree.h.

Modern IDE's often feature auto-completion, which I find very useful to
get to discover available methods in my code where I need them.

Kind regards,
Gregor