[Scip] [Fwd: Re: Problem with debug solution]

michael.winkler at zib.de michael.winkler at zib.de
Tue May 6 14:44:33 CEST 2014

Please add a "#define SCIP_DEBUG" in the beginning of the prop_probing.c
file and recompile the code. In the output you can identify on which
variable probing detected infeasibility.

Probing tries to derive better bounds by tentatively setting (binary)
variables to certain value (bounds) and then starting a propagation
algorithm. This calls all propagation methods, probably also a propagation
method of your constraint handler.

E.g. x in {0,1}, probing 1. fix x = 0, propagate, 2. fix x = 1 propagate
     if 1. results in an infeasibility x will be fixed to 1
     if 2. results in an infeasibility x will be fixed to 0
     if 1. led to y >= a and in 2. y >= b then the lower bound on y will
be set to y_lb = MIN(a,b)

If you send the probing debug output, please send it to me directly,
instead of using the mailing list.

Best, Michael