[Scip] Question about the cons_linking

Gang Bai me at baigang.net
Fri May 23 05:28:53 CEST 2014

Hi SCIP folks,

For an integer variable Y in a CIP problem, I want to get a binary representation B of it, so that B=0 if Y=0 and B=1 otherwise. One possible way is to use the cons_linking to get an array of bin variables and then use the cons_or to get B.

My question is, in cons_linking, how to determine the num of bin variables for representing an int variable of which the lower and upper bounds are 0 and 5000 respectively. In 3.0.2, there is no way in cons_linking to set the integer coefficients, so what are the default values?

Also, back to my original problem, is there a more elegant way to get the binary representation B of an int variable Y?

Thanks,

-Gang
Sent from my iPad