[Scip] unresolved numerical troubles in LP

Timo Berthold berthold at zib.de
Fri Jul 3 14:40:55 CEST 2015

Hi Luca,

this warning can be seen frequently in numerically challenging problems
(as LP relaxations of nonconvex MINLPs often tend to be) and does not
necessarily indicate a problem. It basically means that the LP relaxation
at that node could not be solved to proven optimality (within required
tolerances) and SCIP thus has to continue without further cutting (at that
node) and by branching without LP information. The hope is that the
troubles get resolved in subsequent nodes. This may lead to bigger search
trees but not to wrong results.

If this warning comes without further errors or unintended behavior (like
the solver hanging after this warning), you can ignore it (or improve the
conditioning of your model, if possible).

Hope that helps.

Kind regards,
Timo