[Scip] Optimal Multiplier Vector in Quadratic Programs

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Fri Jun 5 16:36:27 CEST 2015

Hi,

no, SCIP might not even have computed dual multipliers internally for
the quadratic constraints when finding an optimal solution.
If you have a (local) QCQP/NLP solver at hand, you could pass the
solution from SCIP to it and let that solver compute a locally optimal
dual solution for it.

If you want to dig into SCIP code, you could try to trigger an explicit
call to Ipopt within SCIP after SCIP has finished the solve. The
function solveSubNLP() in heur_subnlp.c may give an idea how to do this.
Essentially, you have to call SCIPtransformProb(), SCIPpresolve(), and
SCIPsolve() (with a nodelimit of 1) to get into a state in which one can
start a solve of the NLP relaxation (which isn't relaxing anything of
your problem in your case) in SCIP. Then set the previously found
solution via SCIPsetNLPInitialGuess() and solve the NLP with
SCIPsolveNLP(). If that worked, you can query the rows of the NLP for
their dual solution via SCIPnlrowGetDualsol(). Looking at the code in
heur_subnlp.c, this sounded easier than it is :-).

Stefan