[Scip] Problem expressing a nonlinear constraint as an Expression Tree

Apurv Shukla apurv3894 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 15:57:37 CEST 2015

Hello
I have a non-linear function of the form (f(x)/g(x))^n where f(x) is a
quadratic function, g(x) is a linear function and n is fractional (and
rational). This function is a nonlinear constraint hence I need to express
it as an expression tree. Uptil now I have been able to represent f(x) and
g(x) as polynomials and the fraction f(x)/g(x). However I cannot find a way
to raise this expression i.e. f(x)/g(x) to a fractional power. Is their any
way to do that? If not, is there a work around to express this as a
constraint?

Apurv Shukla
Third Year Undergraduate Student
Department of Mechanical Engineering