[Scip] solving pseudo boolean optimization problem

Gregor Hendel hendel at zib.de
Wed Mar 11 10:20:15 CET 2015

Dear Chivalry,

there is a paragraph in the FAQ <http://scip.zib.de/doc/html/FAQ.php>
about how to change the behavior of SCIP. I would go for aggressive
heuristics and leave the rest unchanged for a first shot. Keep in mind
that changing the settings for proving optimality, i.e. reducing the
effort in keeping the search tree size small, might make it harder or
even impossible to succeed on the primal solution side.

I am not sure whether there are other techniques specific for
pseudo-boolean optimization,
maybe the experts for PBO on this mailing list can give further advice.

Kind regards,
Gregor