[Scip] solving pseudo boolean optimization problem

key01023 at gmail.com key01023 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 23:24:25 CET 2015

Hi,

Basically I am trying to solve this problem in pseudo boolean optimization format (.opb) with 18 binary variables,

The problem is, no matter what setting I used (maximize heuristics frequency etc.) I always arrive at primal optimum (not proved yet) at 20s and used another 40s+ to prove it… I am wondering whether this is the state of art speed already…

On the second hand, we have the objective of solving much larger systems, say, such system with 100 variables+. We know that it will take forever to prove optimality, but would there be some settings I could use in SCIP, so that SCIP would simply use all its time trying to find better solution rather than proving optimality? Thank you:D

With regards,
Chivalry