[Scip] Question about column generation in scip

Abdelkader Ouali oualiaek at hotmail.fr
Mon Mar 9 23:36:44 CET 2015

Hi all,
I have implemented branch-and-price using Scip,and launch it to solve short examples before attacking big ones.I noticed that when I give an optimal solution as initial columns for the master or also during the solving, the pricing process generates unused  columns, which are in final all zero (because they not participate in optimal solution).So, I wonder why the pricing generates columns while an already optimal solution was given, is it due to duals given by Scip or ... ?
Thanks for any helpWith regards---A. Ouali