[Scip] A little question about setppc constraint handler

Jakob Witzig witzig at zib.de
Fri May 8 14:30:54 CEST 2015

Hi He Xingqiu,

yes, you can.

You can use SCIPcreateConsLinear to add your constraints as linear
constraints and SCIP upgrades your constraints automatically to setppc
constraints. If you want to create the setppc constraints
directly, then use SCIPcreateConsBasicSetpart (or use
SCIPcreateConsSetpack and SCIPcreateConsSetcover if you have constraints
of type 1^T x <= 1 and 1^T x >= 1, resp.).

Best regards,
Jakob

On 05/08/15 13:38, 贺行遒 wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm implementing an ILP problem based on SCIP, and I have a little question.
>
> The documentation of setppc constraint handler says it deals with
> constraints in the form of 1^T x {<=>} 1. Can I use setppc when only
> part of my variables appear in the constraint?
>
> e.g.  All variables: x1, x2, x3, y1, y2
>          Constraint1: x1 + x2 + x3 = 1
>          Constraint1: y1 + y2 =1
> Can I use setppc for these constraints?
>
> Best Regards,
> He Xingqiu

Jakob Witzig

Konrad-Zuse-Zentrum für
Informationstechnik Berlin (ZIB)

Division Mathematical Optimization and Scientific Information
Research Group Mathematical Optimization Methods

Takustrasse 7
14195 Berlin

Tel. : +49 (0)30 84185-416
Fax  : +49 (0)30 84185-269