[Scip] Replications

John Beasley John.Beasley at brunel.ac.uk
Sun May 10 09:26:29 CEST 2015

I have a hard MINLP for which I explicitly relax the integrality constraints and terminate SCIP after a set time limit, taking the best (fractional) solution found and apply a heuristic to (hopefully) generate a feasible integer solution.
Obviously running replications (so repeating the process) may improve the (heuristic integer) solution found. What would be a good way to replicate the situation, ideally forcing SCIP to follow a different solution path from the previous replication to arrive at a different fractional solution?
John Beasley

John Beasley

Emeritus Professor
Mathematical Sciences