[Scip] Replications

Benjamin Müller benjamin.mueller at zib.de
Sun May 10 12:19:29 CEST 2015

Dear John,

if your NLP relaxation has a unique optimum, you will always end up with
the same fractional solution. So maybe a possible way to go is to change
your relaxation in each replication slightly.

I could think of considering an MINLP relaxation of your problem. If x
is an integer variable in the original problem and has a fractional
value in your NLP solution, then you could add the integrality
requirement for this variable and try to solve the resulting MINLP
relaxation. Maybe it is possible to receive some good candidates from
your heuristic?

Alternatively, if x* is the optimal fractional solution with objective
value U, then you could add a constraint c'x = U and set a different
objective function to hopefully find a different fractional solution.

Best regards,

Benny