[SCIP] forcecut in SCIPaddCut()

dponce at us.es dponce at us.es
Fri Nov 13 12:19:21 CET 2015

Hello list,

I'm missing something about parameter forcecut in function SCIPaddCut()

Taking into acount this previous question

http://listserv.zib.de/pipermail/scip/2013-June/001521.html

and Tobias Achterberg's thesis Section 3.3.8, I though that next two
options will be similar

Option 1

forcecut = false

SCIP_CALL( SCIPsetIntParam(scip, "separating/maxroundsroot", -1) );
SCIP_CALL( SCIPsetIntParam(scip, "separating/maxrounds", 0) );
SCIP_CALL( SCIPsetRealParam(scip, "separating/minefficacyroot", 0.0) );

Option 2

forcecut = true

SCIP_CALL( SCIPsetIntParam(scip, "separating/maxroundsroot", -1) );
SCIP_CALL( SCIPsetIntParam(scip, "separating/maxrounds", 0) );

But really Option 1 does not add cuts. What's going on? I guessed I was
not requiring nothing to cuts.

With

SCIP_CALL( SCIPsetRealParam(scip, "separating/minorthoroot", 0.0) );

I have the same. And I cannot change parameter separating/objparalfrac.

Best and thanks.

Diego.