[SCIP] forcecut in SCIPaddCut()

Benjamin Müller benjamin.mueller at zib.de
Wed Nov 18 16:55:06 CET 2015

Dear Diego,

I tried both options mentioned in your mail but I could not see the
behaviour you described. Did you implement your own separator and tried
those different options? Are you sure if your code calls SCIPaddCut()?
Can you send me an instance where I can reproduce this behaviour?

By the way,

     SCIP_CALL( SCIPsetRealParam(scip, "separating/objparalfac", 0.0) );

works totally fine for me. I guess you just have a typo in objparalfac
(instead of objparalfrac).

Best,

Benny

On 11/13/2015 12:19 PM, dponce at us.es wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> I'm missing something about parameter forcecut in function SCIPaddCut()
>
> Taking into acount this previous question
>
> http://listserv.zib.de/pipermail/scip/2013-June/001521.html
>
> and Tobias Achterberg's thesis Section 3.3.8, I though that next two
> options will be similar
>
> Option 1
>
> forcecut = false
>
> SCIP_CALL( SCIPsetIntParam(scip, "separating/maxroundsroot", -1) );
> SCIP_CALL( SCIPsetIntParam(scip, "separating/maxrounds", 0) );
> SCIP_CALL( SCIPsetRealParam(scip, "separating/minefficacyroot", 0.0) );
>
> Option 2
>
> forcecut = true
>
> SCIP_CALL( SCIPsetIntParam(scip, "separating/maxroundsroot", -1) );
> SCIP_CALL( SCIPsetIntParam(scip, "separating/maxrounds", 0) );
>
> But really Option 1 does not add cuts. What's going on? I guessed I
> was not requiring nothing to cuts.
>
> With
>
> SCIP_CALL( SCIPsetRealParam(scip, "separating/minorthoroot", 0.0) );
>
> I have the same. And I cannot change parameter separating/objparalfrac.
>
> Best and thanks.
>
> Diego.

Benjamin Müller
Zuse Institute Berlin