[SCIP] Pleaseeeee help me

Jakob Witzig witzig at zib.de
Fri Nov 27 20:05:24 CET 2015

Hello Berna,

welcome to the SCIP-community. Since you are new in our community, please
read and internalize the following three simple rules:

Rule 1: Do not write personal mails to the SCIP developers.
Rule 2: Do not write personal mails to the SCIP developers.
Rule 3: Do not write personal mails to the SCIP developers.

Afterwards you should ask yourself the following 4 easy questions:

1. Have you ever seen an MIP?
If the answer is no, you should stay with your excel solver.
Otherwise go to 2.

2. Would you like to use SCIP as a black-box solver?
If the answer is yes, you should try to model your problem with a modeling
language, e.g, ZIMPL. (http://zimpl.zib.de/)
Otherwise go to 3.

3. Have you any experience in programming?
If the answer is no, you should learn programming first.
Otherwise go to 4.

4. Wow. You are familiar with MIPs and have already experience with
programming. Why do you ask such a question?

Best
Jakob